Friday, April 8, 2011

Alicia Raney: a girl with some major talent


So this week I will be giving away an original painting from artist Alicia Raney. If you haven't seen this girl's work in person, you will want to come to my sale just for that. I first met Alicia about seven years ago at One Man's Treasures in hendersonville, Tn, where I was selling my diaper bags and purses....she sold her paintings there. I remember the first time I saw her, she was set up in the cafe painting....I just stood in awe watching her use the gift's God has given her. So in the planning stages of the Barn Sale, I immediately thought of her and started tracking her down.....I wanted her work in my sale.

Alicia has been involved in all of my sales. According to her, she sells more at my Barn Sale than any other show she participates in..whoo hoo! She is a lovely lady (and she loves to paint ladies) with a strong faith...I am proud to call her a very close friend!

To enter the giveaway, tell me what you are most excited about seeing at the Spring Barn Sale... old friends, picture frames, painted furniture, pillows, lamps, yummy food, etc.

Btw, the sale is just a few weeks away....Sneak Peek April 28 (5p-8p):
 $10 admission which will be donated to the
Macon County Arts Council....complimentary appetizers
and live music by Christian Artist Billy Byrd

April 29th & 30th: 9a-7p free admission, outdoor bistro, and more live music by Rik Garcia, Amy Johnson, Tara , and Jessie Clement.





did I mention I sold my funky piece and two frames at Art on the Hill this past Tuesday...yippie for me!



Make something crafty this weekend and enjoy the sunshine!


6 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your furniture! Can't wait to see more at the sale! I also LOVE this painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on selling your stuff on the Hill! That is amazing...you are very talented, and I look forward to EVERYTHING about your sale. You're a gifted girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see lots and lots of customers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found out about the sale, and I am SO stinking excited! All of this stuff is amazing, but I'm definitely most excited about the furniture (I think... and the art and the jewelry ;) We are trying to sell our house and I would LOVE to get some pieces for our new house!

    Can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it all! There is no way I could pick just one thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Christi! I'm hoping to make it to your barn sale again this year... but... my inlaws are coming to town - so we'll have to see. I do want to pick your brain about some things when you have a chance!

    Hope it is all going great!!

    ReplyDelete