Friday, December 3, 2010

And the Winner Is..........

I am amazed at how close you guys were--you know me better than I thought.  My ultimate Dream Vehicle is a.........Vintage style Volkswagen Van.  Congrats Marcy, you are the winner of the Christmas ornament. (BTW, if you haven't already, check out Marcy's jewelry---LOVE it.) My neighbor had a vintage Volkswagen for sale a while back and I begged and pleaded for my husband to buy it for me but he refused.  I pleaded, made promises, and swore I would never want for anything else and he still would not budge.  I know your thinking, "How insensitive of him." Ok, maybe I didn't go that far.   I am convinced, though, if I had really wanted it, I would have got it......and that makes me really sad that I let it slip through my fingers.  It had no back seats, only a metal flooring...perfect for my junk, a bunch of kids, and whatever else you could imagine.  It was even wired up for electricity--Vic would have had a warm place to sleep when he is in the doghouse (just kidding).  One day, sooner than later, I will own my own vintage van.  When Vic and I went to England a couple of years ago to visit my sister, I came upon this beauty.  If I could have fit in my suitcase, it would have came back to America with me--it was calling my name.  Thank you guys for commenting--nice to know I am not just talking to the air.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend.  I will be in the woods with my family looking for the perfect Christmas tree.  You think there are any Blue Spruces growing anywhere around Starlite in Hartsville, TN? LOL.   


1 comment:

  1. I had no idea you wanted a vintage VW van - I've been asking for one for years! I keep hoping they will come out with a new one that looks like the old one - all the comforts of modern technology with that super-fabulous, old style!

    ReplyDelete