Thursday, December 2, 2010

Vintage Vegetable Basket


So back in October when my Junk Amies and I went to Atlanta to the Country Living Fair, I ran across this gal who was set up on the side of the road in a "not-so-good" part of town.  As you will soon realize, there's no holding this girl back when I see a good pile of junk up for grabs.... so we stopped.....despite the sirens in the background chiming the entire time.  At this spot,  I found one of my prized possessions: a "vintage veggie basket."  Well, actually, it could be anything, however, I think the gal knew I loved the word "vintage" so she threw that term in as she was giving me her spill on how grand it was.  All I could say was SOLD.  As soon as I laid my eyes on it, I knew it's destination....In my living room, above my dining room table.  Well, I had to make all that happen first.  You see, my dining room WAS in a different room, now it is in my living room.  So now, I have a little sitting area right off my kitchen.  You can see the sitting room is now home to the funky couch that NOBODY snatched during the Fall Barn Sale--I know it was a little wild, but a girl has to have a little wild side. I went to IKEA, grabbed a few light kits, and voila....a fancy, smancy chandelier. BTW, check out that cool piece of art by Kelly Bentley Ash--isn't she awesome!!! 



1 comment:

  1. I love it!! And I love your new sitting area! Can't wait to see it next time I come over!

    ReplyDelete