Thursday, December 9, 2010

Slowly but Surely

So I have finally pulled a few pieces from the attic to spruce up the house for a little "Christmas Spirit."  I made sure that I got out Mr. Elf a few weeks ago because the kids were about to go bananas not having him in the house---he use to be pretty effective in controlling behavior, now he is getting a little lazy.  He must land high so that the boy (Stone) doesn't fall to temptation and drain all the magic out of him.  By the way, if you haven't invested in this little guy, it is definitely worth the $30 bucks.  We have soooo much fun with him and we have started our own little tradition that will last a lifetime.


Here are a few pics of the lucky pieces that have made it out so far.  BTW, I am doing a little challenge with myself.  In the past, I have always been that kinda girl that had to do 100% on everything whether it be decorating, school work, learning a knew technique--I want to go all the way back to its inception....just doin the basics isn't enough for me.  Well, as you can imagine, with three kids, 100% gets a little difficult.  So this year, instead of having several trees cut to provide for the greenery I usually put out in the house and around all my wreaths on the windows, I am trying to decorate with out "stuffing" all the wreaths.  To me, artificial wreaths are ugly so I fill them with fresh greenery.....that is an all day job in-and-of itself.  The days are ticking and I don't have time to do all that, so I am going to have a bare bones kinda decoratin this holiday season.  You think I can do it or will I fall prey to my internal expectations of myself?




These are the wreaths hanging on my front door--articial, but they look like they are fresh out of the woods.






 Here are more of those cute little ornaments I made.  I will most more pics in a few days when I drag more junk down from the attic.  In the meantime, "happy decorating."
Night Night, Christy





1 comment: