Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas Cards are Finished

I finally finished my Christmas cards today....yippeee.  I seriously doubt I saved one penny because my time is waaay more valuable than any money.  I do enjoy doing them and they are really simply, they just involve several different steps.  So here's what I did:
1.Gather several pages of decorative scrapbooking paper (I used some Christmas and some funky...whatever I can find)
2.purchase blank notecards and envelopes from a craft store (Michaels)--I think I paid $10.00 for a pack of 50. I used off white but you can use whatever floats your boat.
3.Have your pics made with your favorite photographer such as Wendy Anderson  and then have them printed from a place like snapfish or winkflash (I suggest doing this first). 
4.Use a paper cutter to cut your decorative pages slightly smaller than the front of your card stock. 
5. Use a glue stick to adhere your photo to the center of the decorative paper.
6. Buy a Christmas Stamp and an ink pad from a Craft Store to personalize the inside of your card.  I used "Happy Holidays."
That's it.  You can embellish them further with ribbon on the front or using a round paper cutter to cut out a circle--then add your initial to the circle and glue it right above the picture, slightly overlapping it.  


 
.
Voila, a stack of handmade, one-of-a-kind Christmas Cards of my family. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - look who is blogging!!! And look who is reading and learning - ME!!! I want to see a how to on those GREAT ornaments -so cute!!!
    Love ya - Stacy

    ReplyDelete